Full Time, Permanent
Based in Lethbridge, AB
$20-37/hr (depending on applicant)
Who We Are:
With multiple locations, Kruse Glass & Aluminum works across Saskatchewan & Alberta to provide glass & construction solutions in the auto, residential & commercial construction space. We are searching for immediate assistance in our Lethbridge branch.
Our team is comprised of a very busy group of hard workers with many projects on the go at once. Due to the strong growth in our markets, we require additional building construction and glazing professionals. We are accepting resumes at all levels. From graduated journey person glaziers, apprentices of all levels and even aspiring apprentices too. We’re searching for enthusiastic applicants who genuinely enjoy a diverse workload each day. On a routine basis, our construction projects vary between commercial, industrial and residential spaces. Whether it’s the manufacture of new auto dealerships, large scale multiplex facilities or a simple door, window, mirror & glass-shower installation in a residential home, there is always an abundance of work with Kruse Glass & Aluminum. We understand that this is a very broad group of working environments, therefore we are searching for candidates who comfortably work in diverse locales accordingly. Most times, our projects are local to the area, however there are also instances when Kruse Glass has additional projects which require the team to assist other branch locations, albeit briefly and temporarily. This certainly isn’t commonplace practice, but it does happen enough to warrant note of it’s existence.
What makes our building construction glaziers great?
Easy. It’s their positivity and strong skill-set. Kruse Glass & Aluminum genuinely care about lifestyle, happiness and quality customer service. Those traits are 100% ingrained at the core of our company’s culture and it directly translates into our character. Whether it’s the morning arrival in the shop or while we arrive onto our customer’s job sites, our team is dedicated to being friendly, honest, hardworking, organized & working in a fashion which pleases both our customers and coworkers alike. Our dedication to friendliness and quality workmanship are the very traits which we are looking for in our next glaziers/installers too.
What can this opportunity provide?
This position provides full time work, a reliable schedule, both healthcare and financial benefits (which include a RRSP matching program) and most importantly … an actual opportunity to advance your career! (this is a very ambitious company with lofty goals, yet it has very many long term staff because it truly is a great place to work)
Responsibilities & Employer Preferences
Note: All preferences are not mandatory for applicants to apply, however this list outlines a candidate’s ability to provide maximum value in a regular work day.
- need to be punctual & reliable
- need to have a “customers always matter” mindset
- ability to build trust with everybody
- need to be physically fit
- must be comfortable performing construction related tasks in both cold & warm environments
- must be friendly, honest, professional & communicative with coworkers and customers
- able to demonstrate the safe handling/operation of all required tools
- strong communication skills
- Valid Class 5 (or better) driver’s license and reliable transportation (drivers abstract required at later date)
- able to operate lifting equipment (scissor lifts, zoom booms, telehandlers, etc..)
- certificates to operate above equipment and be comfortable with heights
- driven to clean up workstations and maintain equipment daily
- ability to follow instructions & direction
- demonstrate an ability to safely load & maneuver a full size pickup truck with a tandem axle trailer (while driving in reverse also)
- able to understand drawings, blueprints & replicate precise measurements
- ability/knowledge/willingness to work with commercial glass curtain walls, storefronts, structural glass, windows, doors, automatic doors, railing, glass showers and mirrors.
- Glazier journey persons are preferred, however we encourage apprentices and aspiring apprentices to apply also.